Are you bored with looking at the small screen of your iPhone? Do you think that it would be much fun to see everything present on your iPhone on a bigger screen? Yes, we know that our iPhone display is very attractive but still seeing everything on a bigger screen is much more fascinating.
So, connecting your iPhone with your smart TV is the answer to these questions. If you have an Apple TV then it is straightforward for you to connect your iPhone to it But while connecting other TVs like Samsung, LG, etc we get into trouble Because we don’t have perfect guidelines to do so.
This article will guide you through the procedures you could use to connect your TV with your iPhone wirelessly.
Some ways are
- With the help of Google Chromecast.
- With the help of Apple TV.
- Using the LetsView app.
- Using the Airbeam TV app.
- Using Video and TV Cast.
- Now let’s look at these procedures
Table of Contents
1) With the help of Google Chromecast
Using a Chromecast to cast your iPhone content to TV has become a very common way, and is very simple, a Google Chromecast does not allow you to mirror your iPhone screen to TV, but it allows you to send videos, pictures, and data from the thousands of apps that are supported by Chromecast. All you need to do is purchase a Chromecast dongle and have a good internet connection. So, follow the steps to connect your iPhone to the TV.
- Plug your Chromecast dongle device into the HDMI port of your TV. Download the “Google Home” app on your iPhone and install it.
- Make sure that Your TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which your iPhone is connected.
- Open any app that your Chromecast device supports and load the content that you want to mirror on your TV.
- Now click on the cast button present on the screen.
- A list of devices connected to the same network will be shown, from there select your TV device and your mirroring will start.
If you want to cast content from a website or app that your Chromecast does not support there is a different procedure
- Make sure that both your iPhone and TV are connected to the same wireless network. Install the “Momo Cast” app on your iPhone from the app store.
- Although apps like Safari do not support Chromecast after installing Momo Cast, we can stream content from these apps too.
- Open your Safari app or any other app that your Chromecast does not support click on the share button and choose the share with Momo cast option.
- By clicking share with the Momo Cast option, you will be directed to the Momo Cast browser, and it will automatically open the web page you were using in any other app. Now after choosing the content you want to mirror on your television, click on the “Cast” button, and then select the Chromecast device on which you want to mirror the content.
- Then again you need to click on the cast button and select the option, “Mirror Screen” Now your streaming will start, enjoy the big screen streaming.
- When you finish your watch, click on the disconnect button from the cast and your mirroring will stop.
2) With the help of Apple TV
Another way to connect your TV with the iPhone wirelessly is by using an Apple TV device.
- Connect your Apple TV with the HDMI port of your TV using USB.
- Ensure that your TV and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open any video, photo, audio, etc that you wish to mirror on your TV.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the display and keep swiping until you get the option of the control center in the right corner.
- If you are using a version less than IOS 10 then tap on the “Airplay” option and select your Apple TV from there and for IOS 11 you need to select the “Screen Mirroring” option and select your Apple TV.
- Come out of the control center, and then your mirroring will continue, watch what you want to.
3) Using the LetsView app
You can watch your movies without any limits with the help of this app. You can even play games on your TV, isn’t it amazing? And it is very simple to connect your TV to the iPhone with this app.
- Connect your TV, and iPhone with the same Wi-Fi.
- Download the LetsView app on your iPhone and your Android TV and run it on both devices.
- Open the Control Center of your iPhone and select the “Screen Mirroring” option from there.
- After selecting screen mirroring you have to tap on the option of LetsView app, and then select your TV from there.
Enjoy your favorite content on a big screen.
4) Using the Airbeam TV
This is one of the other methods by which you can wirelessly connect your iPhone and TV.
- Make sure that your iPhone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Airbeam TV app from the app store by clicking on the download option for free and install it on your iPhone by clicking on the get button.
- Go to the control center of your iPhone and click on the “screen mirroring” option.
- Select the name of your TV from the list of devices that are connected to the same network and start mirroring.
These steps may vary from the TV brand you have, The steps above can be used to mirror a Samsung TV while for an LG TV, you have to
- Search for the name of your LG TV on the app, after clicking on LG TV name, if you are using this app to connect your TV for the first time then, it will ask you to access some permissions, so click the ok button that will appear on your TV device to grant permission to the iPhone app.
- To open a fresh window, tap on the “Start Mirroring” option on the iPhone, select the LG TV option again, and press the “Start Broadcasting” button and experience the large interface of your TV.
5) Using Video and TV Cast
- Download the Video and TV Cast app on both your devices and start them. Tap on the cast button in the upper right corner of your iPhone screen.
- On clicking the cast button, a screen will pop up showing one IP address then type that IP address on your TV screen with the help of a remote controller.
- Your devices will be linked, now enjoy the streaming.
Sometimes you can face problems while streaming using this method.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Can I connect my iPhone hotspot to my TV?
Ans: Yes, you can connect your iPhone’s hotspot to your TV if your TV supports Wi-Fi connections.
Q2: Why can’t I mirror my iPhone to my TV?
Ans: If you can’t mirror your iPhone to your TV then make sure that both your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, If they are connected to the same Wi-Fi then try to reduce the distance between your devices, if still they do not connect then check if your TV is not in sleep mode, also try to off and on your Wi-Fi network.
Q3: How do I enable screen mirroring?
Ans: From the display menu of your iPhone turn on screen mirroring select the option of wireless adapter and follow the instructions shown on your screen to enable screen mirroring.