We often face situations when our Fire TV slows down and we are unaware of the cause, so the best option is to do a Firestick speed test to know about the quality of the WiFi strength, If you have a good internet speed then you will never face the issue of buffering or slowing down.
To enjoy high-quality streaming you need an internet speed of 7-10Mbps, but if your internet speed is lower than this, you will face problems while streaming content.
This article will guide you to do a speed test on Fire TV.
Table of Contents
How to Test the Internet Speed of Fire TV
There are various ways to check the speed of the internet on Fire TV, some of them are here.
Easy Method for Checking WiFi Strength
Amazon Fire Stick internet speed requirements carry a few steps this is the simplest way to check WiFi strength.
- Open and launch your Fire Stick device.
- Navigate to the “Settings” in the Home menu with the remote, settings option at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Network” option, it has wifi like icon.
- From a list of networks, select the name of your WiFi network.
- Now you can see an option “Signal Strength” at the right of your TV screen.
- You can see the status of your internet connection below the signal strength option, if it says very good then strength is good but if it says poor then you have to look for the problem.
Checking Internet Speed using Websites
There are some websites also to check the internet speed of Fire TV.
Firestick Speed Test With Fast.com
If you want a more accurate estimation of your internet speed, then try this site.
To check the speed of the internet on your Fire Stick
- Open the Fire TV device.
- select the “Apps” option from the home menu.
- Go to Categories.
- Select the “Utility” option.
- Choose the “Amazon Silk browser app” and select the internet icon.
- Select the get button to download the app.
- Open the “Amazon Silk Browser” app
- In this app select the “Search the app or enter the URL” option, it is present at the top left corner of the screen.
- Type “fast.com” and browse it, it is a website that tests streaming services.
- The website will start testing the WiFi speed of Fire TV.
- Wait for some seconds, the website will display the speed of the internet on your device in Mbps.
Firestick Speed Test With Speed Test Site
This is another site to check internet speed.
- Unplug your wifi router and then plug it into the power source again and wait till it powers up again.
- Go to the browser and search for a speed test site on Fire TV.
- On the site click on the “Go” button to check if your internet speed is good or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How to speed up Fire Stick?
The most common method to speed up the fire stick is to restart it. To restart a Fire Stick go to Home Menu->Settings->Device->Restart and then confirm the restart in the next window.
There are many other ways to speed up Fire Stick.
Q2: What is the minimum internet speed for streaming on a Fire Stick?
For the Standard definition, the minimum speed of the internet should be 3 Mbps, and for high definition minimum speed should be 5 Mbps.
Q3: Is 100Mbps speed enough for 4K streaming?
Yes, 100Mbps speed is sufficient to stream 4K videos.