Mirroring the iPhone means casting iPhone screen to the TV screen, Screen mirroring allows you to enjoy content on big screens. It can also be defined as screen sharing and most importantly it is a wireless technology and works with WiFi.
Need for Streaming Players
It is very simple to mirror an iPhone to an Apple TV, but mirroring can prove tough to the other TV brand users, therefore many devices are available in the market to connect other TVs with iPhone including Chromecast, Roku, amazon fire TV stick, etc.
In this article, we are going to learn about mirroring the iPhone to Roku.
What is a Roku Streaming Player?
Roku is one of the amazing streaming devices used for enjoying unlimited entertainment on the big screen of a TV.
A Roku device can save your money because then you will not have to spend on buying a new smart TV, or a Chromecast dongle or an expensive Apple TV as it can turn your old TV into a smart TV easily.
Roku devices have a large variety but the most affordable one are-Roku express, Roku premiere, and Roku streaming stick.
Setting up a Roku Device
Before streaming content from iPhone to your Roku device, you need to set it first with your TV.
- Connect your Roku device to the HDMI input of your TV with cable, if you have a Roku stick then there is no need of any cable, you can directly insert it in HDMI port
- Connect your Roku to an AC adapter.
- Now you will see a welcome screen on your TV.
- Insert batteries in your Roku remote and pair it with the TV.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Your TV is converted into a Roku TV now.
Mirroring iPhone to Roku using Roku App
Now to mirror your iPhone screen to Roku follow these easy steps.
- Make sure that the iPhone and Roku TV are connected to the same network.
- Go to Settings on your Roku device and go down to system settings, select “Screen Mirroring” from there.
- There will be 2 options
- Screen mirroring devices
- Screen mirroring mode
- Select screen mirroring mode
- On the Roku TV, you will see options- prompt, allow, always allow.
- Choose the prompt or always allow option.
- Download the Roku app on your iPhone, you can find the Roku app on the website of Roku.
- Connect your iPhone with Roku by tapping on the name of your Roku device.
- Now to mirror the content that is already stored in your iPhone
- Open the Roku app.
- Click on the media option present at the lower right corner of the iPhone screen.
- Now you can choose any media from your iPhone to cast on TV just by tapping on it.
To mirror content from any app
- Open the app.
- Start content you want to mirror.
- You can see a cast option on the top right corner of the iPhone screen, click on that.
- Your content will mirror on the TV.
Mirroring iPhone to Roku using ApowerMirror
You can also mirror your iPhone to Roku using the ApowerMirror app, but you will also need a PC to do so.
- Download the ApowerMirror app on iPhone and PC.
- Make sure that iPhone and PC are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open the ApowerMirror app on the iPhone and click on the blue “M” button present at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the name of your PC from the list of devices under the same network.
- Tap on screen mirroring.
- Go to the control panel of the iPhone and select “Screen Mirroring” from there and click on the name of your PC.
- Your iPhone will mirror on the PC.
- Connect the PC with TV using HDMI cable and set the TV source to HDMI and the streaming on TV will begin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is there any monthly subscription for using a Roku?
No, you just need to pay once while buying the Roku device, You only need to pay for the apps like Netflix, Amazon, etc you are using for their subscription while the free apps and content do not need any subscription to be played on Roku.
Q2: How to mark a channel favorite on Roku?
1) Go to the guide screen.
2) Highlight the channel that you want to mark your favorite.
3) Press OK on Roku remote and select your favorite channel.
4) A blue star will indicate the channel that you have marked as favorite.
Q3: Can we record content on Roku?
A Roku device does not come with a digital video recorder but still some Roku streaming channels offer cloud digital video recorder services to record movies and TV shows.
Q4: Can I watch live programs on Roku?
Yes, there are several ways to stream live content on Roku.
Q5: What are private channels on Roku?
Private channels are the channels that are not in the Roku channel store, some channels are marked as private because Roku does not like the content on them.